CSC & Covid-19 update 9 - email sent to all members 19th June 2020
Published 16:27 on 21 Jun 2020
The Covid-19 Committee continue to review the latest Government and RYA guidelines and have been writing 20+ risk assessments in preparation for Phase 2 of our opening plan, which we still believe will be 4th July 2020.
These risk assessments were discussed and approved by the full Committee last night and we agreed to give members an outline of the changes that will be made and the controls that will be put in place. We await the next Government announcements, particularly in relation to the re-opening of sports facilities and bars, before we can finalise our plans, and it is possible that our current assessments may need to change dependent upon the output from these.
The updated Covid-19 plan will be updated on the website as soon as possible.
Clubhouse & Grounds Availability
This is our current view and is all subject to change as and when further government guidelines are received.
You are reminded that any decisions you make to visit and use any area of the Club is done so entirely at your own risk. Coniston Sailing Club, its Committee and its members accept no responsibility for your decision and/or for anything that may happen as a result of your visit.
Visiting the Club
Thank you to everybody who has used the ticketing system to visit the Club, and for following the phase 1 guidance whilst you were there. Over the last 3 weeks it has become clear that it isn't the number of visitors to the Club that is the 'pinch point' but the space to park cars. Therefore, for phase 2 we are introducing a new way of making a reservation via Sailing club Manager for a car, rather than booking a ticket for each person. Whilst this will mean that you can no longer see who is visiting the club you will be able to see numbers of cars booked, and changing the system reduces the amount of administration required. If you wish to visit the club and there are no car reservation spaces left, you can still come but not with your car.
The limit will initially be set at 20 cars and will require careful parking by everybody, as there are still a number of boats in the car park. We will revisit the number as more space becomes available.
This system will be implemented from 1st July and will allow you to book in advance - not restricted to a rolling 10 days anymore - which will allow members to book their holiday periods. Further instructions will be issued prior to going live.
Please continue to book any temporary members in via your portal.
Boats in the Car Park
A few members have already launched their cruiser or are planning on doing so this weekend. The rain over the last few days has increased the water level and therefore the majority of boats should now be able to get in - but a further dry spell is on its way so if you are launching then I would suggest planning a trip over the next week or so.
Dinghies can be moved to the dinghy park now - please check your spaces as a number of changes were made over winter. You can find your space on your portal and on the notice board at the side of the race hut. If you need a new number tag, then let me know and I will sort as soon as possible.
If you are not intending to launch your cruiser or your dinghy then please let me know.
Phase 2 Plan
Confirmation of the actual details for the phase 2 plan will be updated as soon as we receive further guidelines from the Government and the RYA.
Please remember to follow all guidelines, social distancing, hand sanitisation and wiping all surfaces you touch during your time at the Club. There are wipes and sanitiser available but we recommend you bring your own and dispose of any wipes used in the bins provided.
Any problems then please do not hesitate to contact me.
Last updated 20:06 on 8 October 2020