Top facebook2x Top email2x Email us Top webcam2x Webcam Top search2x Basket Login
Home / News / CSC & Covid-19 Update 10 - email sent to members 30/06/20
Home / News / CSC & Covid-19 Update 10 - email sent to members 30/06/20

CSC & Covid-19 Update 10 - email sent to members 30/06/20

Published 21:38 on 30 Jun 2020

Dear Member,

Just over a week ago the Government announced some easing of the lockdown in England from 4th July, which included things like being able to stay away from home overnight. However, the guidance that they issued on June 1st for sports facilities has not yet been updated.

Throughout the pandemic we have been guided by both the Government and the RYA. It is also a condition of our insurance that we must follow the guidance. We published our phased re-opening plan based on the Government's initial roadmap. On June 21st we updated you with our plans for trying to reopen on July 4th. We did say that our plans might need to change.

Today we have received the latest RYA guidance. The following is an extract from that guidance

Can a sailing club open its premises yet?

The Government guidance is currently that indoor facilities, apart from toilets and through-ways, should be kept closed and when accessing and leaving facilities care should be taken to wipe down areas of contact, hands should be washed and surfaces should be avoided touched where possible. From 4th July, the Government has assessed that indoor sports venues/facilities cannot be made sufficiently Covid-19 Secure and should remain closed. The Government intends to enforce this by law so clubs should ensure members understand that they will continue to be expected to get changed at home (or in the boat park) and not enter the club house unless using the toilet.

This guidance is clear, and therefore we are sorry but we are now not able to implement the majority of our phase 2 plan. We have taken the decision that from 4th July the following will apply at the club

  • The main jetty, dinghy & finger jetties will open. Members are allowed to stay at the club overnight, be that on their mooring or on the jetty. Staying on the main jetty is limited to a maximum of 5 boats on either side, and in locations indicated in the risk assessment, and by the markings on the jetty. On both the dinghy and finger jetty access is limited to 1 household at a time, other than in specific circumstances detailed in the risk assessments.
  • Further car parking is available following a very successful clearing of the car park, the number of tickets will be increased to 35. Please book a ticket if you are coming by car to the club and remember you must only park in the car park, and not anywhere else in the club grounds or farm area.
  • All areas of the clubhouse remain shut, with the exception of the ladies toilet, operated as now on a 1 in 1 out basis. Please do not use the toilet sinks for washing up.
  • BBQs are permitted to the south of the club. The picnic tables may also be used. Use of both are subject to the published risk assessment.

All our previous guidance from phase 1 remains in force.

Risk assessments relating to the jetties & BBQ will be published on the website, and copies of the jetty risk assessments are posted on the outside of the north door of the clubhouse, and the BBQ risk assessment is posted on the outside of the cellar door.

We are expecting the Government's guidance to be updated during July, and we will act on that update as soon as we can. As a committee we remain committed to opening the club as quickly as we can, but always in a way that is safe, that complies with the law and with the guidance of the RYA.

CSC Committee

Last updated 06:16 on 8 June 2022

© 2022 Coniston Sailing Club powered by Sailing Club Manager